Unless you’ve been living in a cave, you’ve likely heard about the Samsung T.V . pictured above. This beauty of a machine is making major waves… and for just reason.
Let’s explore why so many across the nation are buying this unit up like it’s going out of fashion.
About the Samsung LN46A850 46-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV with RED Touch of Color
- Can handle inputs from virtually any digital and analog audio/video source
- Experience whiter whites, blacker blacks and infinite color gradations in between thanks to the new 50,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- Built in USB 2.0 connection – play MP3, mpeg and display JPEG images
- Built in Ethernet port – feed RSS for news, weather, sports and more directly into your T.V.
- Seamless compatibility with Samsung Home Digital Media Adapter
- Only 1.9 inches deep – that’s thinner than most sneaker soles
- 1080p HD for T.V. so clear it feels like your looking out a window
- Smoother motion on screen due to Automotion Plus 120Hz image interpolation technology – no jerky playback when you’re watching your favorite shows or movies
- Clear panel technology makes colors jump off the screen and blacks darker than night
- Built-in SRS TruSurround XT audio puts you into the action
- Colors have more depth and range thanks to Cold Cathode Flourescent Lamp and Wide Color Enhancer technologies
- Picture-in-Picture viewing – perfect for watching two sports games at once
- Protect your kids from inappropriate programs with built-in V-Chip system
- Navigation and onscreen displays in English, Spanish or French. Operate the TV in your native tongue.
Customer Reviews on Amazon.com
My wife and I bought this bad boy last week from Amazon, and it arrived in 4 days flat with their great delivery service. We decided to hang it up on our masonry fireplace. We chose a Sanus tilting mount for the job, which was surprisingly easy to attach to the masonry.
The 850 is special because it’s super thin. 1.9″ at it’s thickest point. This makes wall mounting especially attractive. Throw in the excellent picture, and I’m on cloud nine.
After one day of enjoying it, I say that while I’m impressed with the clarity of the 120Hz feature, my wife and I keep the setting set to “low”, which introduces a higher framerate, but not so high as to be actively distracting. For us, the “camcorder-like” feeling of the full 120Hz is best for sports, as opposed to movies/tv.
Bottom line: The Samsung LCD’s are amazing to begin with, and the “8” series, given it’s thin frame, adds some extra style. Keep that in mind when your comparing this model to all the others, including the 9 (950/960) series which has a superior LED lighting engine, but is considerably thicker than the 8 (850/860).
M. Bechtel (Plainfield, IL)